Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Vacation Teaser

This is just a teaser. When I finally sat down to upload the pictures, I realized what a poor job we did of taking pics with our camera. My dad and brother-in-law also had cameras and I guess I thought I was taking more pictures than I really was because they were taking some. Hopefully, I'll get some from them (hint, hint Dad and Rod)!

Here is a cute picture of Claire on the merry-go round at the amusement park. She's going to be my thrill seeker! Everyone continues to ask me in jest if there is anything of me on Claire since she is a spitting image of her Daddy. I always say her sweet disposition, but that doesn't work when she's rotten to the core. But I found my similiarity! She likes rides. Her daddy hates them.

My second date with Bill was at the Wilson County Fair here in Nashville. I LOVE rides, so we hopped from one ride to the next on that date. I was having a blast, but noticed Bill wasn't talking much. I just knew there wasn't going to be a third date, but I thought, "I'm going to enjoy all of these rides on his dime!" So I continued to the next ride.

It wasn't until after we were married (I got that third date!) that I realized that Bill hates rides and gets motion sickness!!!

All to say, I am so thankful that I have a child that will enjoy Disney with me one day. She jumped from one ride to the next at the little amusement park in Destin and squeeled at each one!!! (And yes, that is Bill behind her. The merry-go round is just his speed!)


3 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

I love it that she loves rides! So far, two of my soon to be three are big ride fans! Ella even rode Tower of Terror at Disney when she was 4! Yeah Claire!

Leslie said...

How cute! Mollie and Morgan actually love rides also. I have grown to enjoy them somewhat. Mollie, who is terrified of heights, even bunge jumped. Love her tan!!

Rebecca Morrison said...

I remember your date to the fair