Sunday, October 5, 2008

Turning the Corner

Whew! This has been some season. I am not sure how to categorize the season. Busy, stressful, joyful, blessed, exhausting, refreshing, hard, prayerful, trusting, lonely...oh, there are so many words. But I think we have come out on the other side.

First, Claire's tantrums ended as quickly as they started. I have not put her in time-out in probably a week to ten days. (I'll have to get Becca's report on if the tantrums have ended during the day). Either she is getting more words to tell me what she wants or how she feels, our consistency and patience have paid off, or God is just being gracious to us! It's most likely the latter!

Second, our house sold. I'm a pretty laid-back person naturally, but I was about to get wound-tight with the economy and housing market like it is currently and us wrapping up the construction of our new home. My mind would only take me to the worst-case scenarios. But, like always, God is sufficient in his timing alone. And what perfect timing it is. We will sell our house and move straight into the new house the first of November (October 25 if Bill continues to burn the midnight oil).

Third, and associated with #2. We are moving into the new house. I couldn't even get excited about the new house until the current one sold. But now I can say it, "I LOVE our new house." Come visit us sometime!

Fourth, with each passing weekend, I get closer and closer to no more traveling this year. Next Sunday, I leave for my last trip. And although it is long (a week long event), the joy of knowing I have no where to fly to in four months gets me through the long trip.

So, what do the next few months bring for the Cato's? First, we look forward to sleeping past 5:30-6:00 am on Saturdays. I am going shopping for Claire (I just haven't had the time, energy or desire to shop lately with our schedules and she has NO fall clothes...poor thing). Bill says he wants to go hunting and I am happier than I ever been to let him. I think I'll finally try to learn to sew. And then before long (hopefully it's a year or two), Bill will get stir-crazy and we will go hunting for the next lot to build on!

3 comments:

Christine Satterfield said...

We are excited for you guys and the new home. Have a great last trip of the year... We are counting down our trips as well!

Anonymous said...

Amy - even though we are miles apart - this helps me to feel like we are right next door ! With all that we have before us with Landon, I have no idea when we will see you again - but I want you to know how much we love you all and miss you ! Praying that all goes smoothly with the closing of the houses !!!! Can't wait to see it !!!! Hugs to C & B !!!!-Patti

Dianne said...

Congratulations on the sale of your present home and completion of the new home. Moving will be so much more fun with that first house sold. I'm very happy for you and glad that you see some down time around the corner. Have I told you lately how much I appreciate all you do to keep Lifeway events such a great experience?! Thank you, thank you, thank you!