Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Newark, Delaware

Hello from Delaware! I'm on the home stretch now. One more night in a hotel room and I will be in my comfy bed next to Bill tomorrow night!!!!

Today was our longest drive yet. It was only 4.5 hours but we were on I-95S which took us straight through NYC, over the George Washington Bridge and you can just imagine the traffic! It was horrible.

I must tell a funny on my husband. We will both admit that we are not the most tech-saavy couple that most of you know. We just know the basics. However, both of us have an Ipod. And being the sweet husband that he is, when Bill charges his ipod, he charges mine too. However, he hasn't figured out how to switch the "ownership" and he always clears my playlists off my ipod and replaces them with his.

So, today, during our long drive, I got my ipod out to pass the time. As I scrolled down the songs, I didn't recognize many of them...atleast 2 dozen of them. They were such sweet titles such as "Come Back Darling", "I'm Head over Heels in Love", "Crying My Heart Out Over You", "You are My Flower", "I Still Miss Someone".

Aaah. Bill must have downloaded me some new songs to listen to. (Do you remember the days when you made or received a personalized cassette tape...that's how I felt).

So, I started playing them one by one.

Imagine my great surprise (and disgust) when I realized they were all his beloved Flatt and Scruggs bluegrass downloads that accidentally got on my ipod!!!!

After screaming, I laughed hysterically as I continued on down to "Shuckin' the Corn", "Polka on a Banjo", and "The Ballad of Jed Clampet".

My sweet husband!

Luckily, I am traveling with Eugene who enjoys R&B on the radio as much as I do.

Next time you hear from me, I'll be home with my sweet Bill and sweet Claire!

1 comment:

Amy Griffin said...

girl, you have been busy! I hope you have a safe trip home!!!