Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I know it's not January 1! However, I feel like it's the beginning of a new year for me. This weekend, I went to Boston (well, actually Lowell, MA which is about 30 miles outside of Boston) and coordinated my final Living Proof Live event for 2010. My first event of 2011 is in April. That means I have 6 months before another event. I do have a couple of more travel conferences in the next month, but the intensity of coordinating an event is behind me for 2010.

So, I made a list tonight of things I want to be intentional about doing and getting into a strong habit of doing for the next 6 months. As friends, you can help keep me accountable. Here's my top 6 projects for the next 6 months:

1. Plan the best birthday party a 4 yr. old could ever have! That includes finishing my sewing project for Claire's November 1st birthday. (I can't wait to post pictures).
2. Return to weekly attendance of our Wednesday night church activities
3. Exercise. To be specific, I would like to start running again and dabble in either yoga or pilates.
4. Start shopping for Christmas! Well, and actually catch up on 2010 neglected birthday presents (Sorry Gran and Owen, it's coming).
5. Take control over my nutrition due to being off of Remicade. Which includes more cooking and attempting new recipes. STOP eating Mexican!!!
6. Clean, clean, clean! Oh, this may be my favorite. I can't wait to have a sparkling home again! Most likely, just in time to decorate for Christmas and get it all dirty again!

What are your fall/winter goals? I am so good at making goals in January. But I think October is as good of a time for goal-setting as any month.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Hi!

I'm Stephanie and I have NO idea how I stumbled on your blog. I do recognize you from LPL events! So perhaps from another Siesta.

I have to say that after reading the post before this, I am praying for you. My husband was diagnosed with Crohn's about six months after we were married. It was a hard road but almost 17 years later, he is doing well and LIVING what we consider a "normal" life. God is good on the good days and the Crohn's days.

That leads me to our fall/winter plans! He has been running for several years. (A MIRACLE) This fall, he and I are running a 1/2 marathon together. It is nothing but a physical testimony to what God has done.

Be blessed!
Stephanie