Wednesday, February 4, 2009

...loves to travel...

Sound like a classified ad? Sound like the hobby list of some individuals? Traveling is a large part of my job. "Loves to travel" would have described me when I was single. Being a person that didn't fly until I was 18 years old, I took every opportunity to travel the US, to see states and areas I had never seen. When working a weekend event, I would stay over until Sunday (and sometimes take a red-eye home Monday morning) in order to travel longer.

Then I met Bill. And although I still loved to travel, I was not as prone to stay over on weekend events. But I was still up for going to both my events and with my team-mates on their events.

Then we had Claire! I stopped traveling with others and tried my hardest to be back in Nashville as soon as I possibly could after an event. I got a little more ancy when a return flight was delayed, and heaven forbid...CANCELLED! This laid-back traveler would become plum UPTIGHT!

So, these days, I only travel about 12-13 times a year which averages to one trip a month (it doesn't end up being that neatly planned though). At a recent airport, one of the security lines was labeled specifically for "Experienced Travelers". These are those individuals that can get shoes, belt, coat off - computer out of computer bag - their ziploc bag of toiletries out of their bag in 5 seconds flat. No tolerance for waiting on those that may stumble through the foreign process.

I once would have considered myself one of these individuals, but I'm losing my edge as an experienced traveler.

In just 7 short hours of traveling today, I have:

1. Forgot to pre-check in for my Southwest flight which caused me to have a horrible seat
2. Misplaced my event cell phone
3. Forgot my personal cell phone charger - my only source of communication for 3 days
4. Forgot my ipod charger - my only source of entertainment for 3 days
5. Left my personal cell phone in the rental car that has been valet parked
6. Stumped my toe on the hotel bed and pretty sure it's broken (with 3 more days of being on my feet ahead of me).

Oh, how I pray that my travel saavy returns...SOON!
4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you this weekend. I'm so scattered-never clicked that you possibly would be there. You look great! Motherhood definitely agrees with you. Hopefully Mollie and I can come to Nashville or possibly see you in Destin over the summer. Take care!!!

Leslie