Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Preview of Your Christmas Card!

Several weeks ago, we asked my good friend, Rich Kalonick, to come out to Fairview to take some pictures of us and our good friends, The Coleman's. I have not had professional pictures taken of Claire since her 1 year old pictures and she was now turning two.

I am a planner by nature and by trade, but Picture Day will not go down in my Hall of Fame of expertly planned events. We planned the pictures for the Sunday afternoon after the Saturday that we moved into the house and the Friday of Halloween...aka...Claire's busiest and most tiring weekend of her life! This did not dawn on me until after....we went to church and rushed home for Claire's nap, woke her up after an hour (that's plenty on any normal day), threw her into the car (still rubbing her eyes) with only a diaper on (didn't want to wrinkle the outfits), threw her a couple pieces of Halloween candy to tie her over until we had a late lunch (do not criticize me!), patted down her hair that got mashed during the nap and rushed to the Morrison's, the backdrop for the pictures.

As you can imagine and probably would have warned me if you had been there, it all back-fired on me. See for yourself!



Claire throwing a tantrum, Bill seemingly giving me a look like "what were you thinking"!

The full-fledged trantrum and the two referee's to restrain a two-year old.


Me, trying to smile in the midst of it all and be ready for the snap of the camera, in the extreme case that Claire suddenly sat down and complied!
You'll have to wait for your Christmas card to see if the day turned around!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those days! I have never seen you with long hair. I like it.

Amy Griffin said...

Christmas card pictures are always a treat! I hope you got at least one good one. You guys looked great.

Anonymous said...

Love it ! She is SOOOOO much like her cousin Payton it is a bit frightening !!! I feel certain you got ONE good shot !!!!!!!! You and Bill probably look a little frustrated but she will be beaming - I am sure of it !!!!!!!! I oh so KNOW that little personality !!!!!!! ( and love it too I may add ! ) - All my love - A