Thursday, July 16, 2009

You Make Me Laugh

Claire, you make me laugh. I think Grandma prays for you to make me laugh because that seems to be the only time I call her! Last night, we were coming home from Vacation Bible School. It was dark and rainy and we were pulling out of the parking lot across the street of the church.
"Oh no, Oh no, Oh no...the toy fell down," you pathetically moaned.
"Claire, what are you talking about?"
"Oh no, oh no, the toy fell down." You were so concerned.
"Oh no!"
I looked across the street towards the church where you were looking. The inflatable bouncy house and slide that were up for VBS had been shut off for the night and were laying flat on the ground.
"Claire, are you talking about the bouncy house?" I asked.
"Yes, the bouncy house fell down!" your little heart broken.
"Claire, they just took the air out of it for the night. It will be back up tomorrow!"

This morning as I was getting ready for work, you were laying all cozy in mommy and daddy's bed with the blankets pulled up to your chin watching cartoons.
"Mommy! You don't go to work today. You stay home with me and watch Scooby Dooby!" you commanded.
Now what mother could turn that down?
As I laughed, I layed down with you for just a second and explained that you had to go to school and I had to go to work.
"You need pillow. I share!" you continued to convince!
Oh, you are so hard to deny!

Your little vocabulary is developing every day. Your little mind amazes me. You are so smart. You see things that adults just let go by everyday. You are funny. You are caring. I love you so much!

No comments: